- Postdoctoral Scholar at the University of Washington School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, affiliated with the NOAA Alaska Fisheries Science Center.
- Currently working on modeling fleet dynamics within the Alaska Climate Integrated Modeling (ACLIM) project.
- Interested in environmental and natural resource economics and policy. Primarily working on fisheries economics, but I also study climate change perception and policy support and cooperative networks of stakeholders to manage environmental systems.
- Grew up in Colorado and received a B.A. in economics, political science, and international affairs from the University of Colorado in Boulder; and a M.S. in mineral and energy economics from the Colorado School of Mines.
- I live in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood of Seattle with my wife and two cats.
- Adapting a random bidding model to estimate willingness-to-pay for fishing quota.
- California Dungeness Crab harvester response to harmful algal blooms.
- Alaskan Bering Sea fleet dynamics.
- September, 2020. Article accepted at Frontiers in Psychology, “Credible Threat: Perceptions of Pandemic Coronavirus, Climate Change and the Morality and Management of Global Risks.’’ (with Ann Bostrom, Gisela Böhm, and Robert O’Connor)
- August, 2020. Article accepted at Risk Analysis, “Indiscriminate, irrelevant, and sometimes wrong: Causal misconceptions about climate change.’’ (with Whitney Fleming, Kate Crosman, and Ann Bostrom)
- May, 2020. Honorable Mention for Best Dissertation, Public Management Research Association (PMRA).
- December, 2019. Ph.D. awarded! Dissertation available online.
- September, 2019. Teaching Assistant in the Fall quarter for Economics for Policy Analysis taught by Prof. Caroline Weber.
- August, 2019. Article accepted at Risk Analysis, '’Efficacy Foundations for Risk Communication: How People Think About Reducing the Risks of Climate Change’’ (with Kate Crosman and Ann Bostrom)
- February, 2019. Guest presentation for the Evans School’s Executive Economics course on fisheries quota trading.
- May, 2019. Presentation at the National Marine Fisheries Service/Sea Grant fellowship annual conference in Honolulu, Hawaii on Alaska price dispersion and social network patterns in Alaska fisheries quota trading.
- January, 2019. Presentation on Earthquake Early Warning and multiple imputation methods to the Evans School Board of Governors.
- October, 2018. Article accepted at Risk Analysis, “Efficacy, Action, and Support for Reducing Climate Change Risks.’’ (with Ann Bostrom and Kate Crosman)
- October, 2018. Presentation at NASPAA conference in Atlanta, Georgia on the potential for using online measurement tools to study stakeholder networks in environmental governance (co-authored by Tyler Scott)
- August, 2018. Pi Alpha Alpha award for best doctoral student manuscript.
- August, 2018. NASPAA emerging scholar award.
- July, 2018. Presentation at IIFET conference in Seattle, Washington on Alaska price dispersion and social network patterns in Alaska fisheries quota trading.